20. David Wilson 24. Michael Miller 2. Ross Lyon 25. Nicky Jamieson 5 Sean Crighton 8. Dec Hughes 6. Nat Wedderburn 12. James Lyon 16. Euan O’Reilly 7. Ross Forbes 9. Thomas Orr


10. Robert Thomson  14. Darren Christie  17. Michael Anderson  22. Ryan Tierney  15. Adam Corbett  19. Cammy Graham  11. Adam Brown  18. Beejay Coll  1. Ryan Marshall


For the third consecutive week, Stenhousemuir conceded early. Forfar took the lead via a deflected shot from Craig Thomson that looped over Wilson’s head in the 4th minute to make it 0-1.

It was never going to be an easy task as Forfar came to Ochilview having shown some good early season form and Thomson’s early goal made it even more difficult.

Stenhousemuir’s first chance came in 11 minutes when Euan O’Reilly drove up the left wing and say his shot go inches past the opposite post.

There were calls for a red card for Forfar’s Scott Sheperd a few minutes later after a wild lunge, but the referee deemed a yellow card was enough punishment. Dec Hughes subsequent free kick was easily dealt with by the Forfar defence.

With both teams trying to push on, it was Stenhousemuir who had the next chance as Euan O’Reilly was played through. However, the referee flagged Thomas Orr for offside after considering the striker to have been active with play.

Stenhousemuir continued their push for an equaliser as Thomas Orr fired  Michael Miller’s cross past the near post.

Both teams then tried to break the other down with no real efforts of note util the 30th minute when Matthew Aitken went down in the Warriors box. The referee waived away the appeals and he managed to fire the subsequent corner over the bar.

The Warriors continued to push on throughout the first half, but failed to create any chances of note. A trait that’s unfortuantley been common this season.


The second half very quickly settled into the same pattern as the first with both teams struggling to create any opportunities. Stenhousemuir did have a great opportunity in the first 5 minutes as a great run by the growingly impressive O’Reilly saw his cross met by Ross Forbes with the midfielder drilling his shot past the post.

A driving run by James Lyon in the 51st minute saw the Partick Thistle loanee pulled to the ground with the resultant free kick in proper Ross Forbes range. After hit the crossbar a few times this season, Forbes decided to go low and his shot was saved by Mark McCallum in the Forfar goal.

Stephen Swift made a double change after 60 minutes with Robert Thomson and Adam Brown taken to the pitch in place of Thomas Orr and Declan Hughes.

All good Stenhousemuir attacks are coming through Euan O’Reilly, another driving run saw the former Airdrie player brought down, the ref played advantage and the shot from Brown went wide.

The game then returned to form with both teams struggling to break the other down.

Stenhousemuir had a great chance to equalise as some good work by Thomson on the right resulted in a cross to Adam Brown who then say his weak shot easily saved by McCallum. Forfar immediately went up the park and a slack clearance by Ross Lyon resulted in a solid save by David Wilson.

The next 10 minutes saw plenty of possession for Stenhousemuir but again, failed to find that final ball that caused Forfar any trouble.

Stenhousemuir then made their 3rd change of the match, and a attacking one as James Lyon came off for Ryan Tierney.

Robert Thomson was next up to have a shot. His header from an O’Reilly cross was easily met by the keeper. The O’Reilly – Thomson connection certainly looks most likely to create chances for the home team.

Forfar took a rare foley forward 83 minutes with Stefan McCluskey’s shot wildly over. Forfar will be very happy with how the game’s panned out. Despite sitting back and inviting the Warriors on, there’s been little opportunities for the Warriors fans to cheer about.

Stephen Swift made his final change with the returning Daz Christie taken to the pitch to replace Ross Forbes. His first piece of action was to watch Euan O’Reilly drive forward and have his shot blocked again by McCallum.

Some late pressure from Warriors finally paid off as SEAN CRIGHTON powered home his first goal for the club. A far post corner by Adam Brown was perfectly met at the back post and the big man’s header was never going to be stopped 1-1 into the last few minutes.

Stenhousemuir drove for a winner and Euan O’Reilly almost capped off a fine performance with a goal but the ball was scrambled clear. Sean Crighton almost doubled his tally as he saw another header cleared off the line. A valuable post for the Warriors, but again, it needs to be more.