Matchdays at Ochilview can be very busy, exciting and potentially quitechallenging for supporters who don’t attend many live games.
To help take the stress away from your matchday experience, we’ve prepared this simple checklist to make sure that you are as match-ready as you can be and that you can relax and enjoy the day:
PAY AT THE GATE or BUY ONLINE
• We love to be traditional at Ochilview, so if you want to pay by cash you can do at any of our turnstiles
• Want to pay by card instead of cash? That’s fine, but we will require you to purchase your tickets using the FanBase app. You can do this anytime up until kick off, and you can download the free app here
CHECK THE WEATHER FORECAST
• Don’t forget, we’re playing football outside, and in Scotland! You will be exposed to the elements when watching the game. The Norway Stand is seated and under cover and the Away Terracing Stand is also under cover. So keep an eye on the weather forecast and be prepared to wrap up warm, but don’t bring an umbrella as you won’t be permitted to bring one into the ground
PLAN YOUR ROUTE
• Don’t miss kick-off! Tray and plan your route so that you arrive at Ochilview at least 30 minutes before kick-off to take advantage of our delicious food courtesy of R. Brown & Son Butcher
• If you are travelling by public transport, make sure that you check the timetables and keep an eye out for any possible delays which might mean that you need to set out for the stadium earlier than you had initially planned
DON’T FORGET TO PAY
• You may want to purchase food, drink or merchandise during your visit so remember to bring a small amount of cash as our kiosks do not yet accept card payments
IS YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED?
• You never know when you’ll need your mobile phone or why, so make sure that it is fully charged before you leave the house
• Although we have our own Pie Hut in the ground, we may not be able to cater for all dietary requirements. If you have any dietary requirements that we don’t cater for, we can allow you to bring this into the ground. However, external hot food and drinks will not be permitted into the ground.
CHOOSE A DESIGNATED MEETING PLACE
• It can get busy around the stadium and it is very possible that you may lose your friends/family at peak times around the stadium. Before you enter the stadium, choose a memorable landmark around the vicinity where you can meet-up if your group does get broken-up. If in doubt, seek the advice of a Stenhousemuir FC Safety Steward
DON’T BRING SHARP OBJECTS
• Matchday can be long, particularly for small children. The club welcomes supporters bringing a small backpack which might contain a few snacks, books, travel games and warmer clothing. However, just like at an airport, there are items that cannot be permitted into the stadium for the safety of others. Please check-out our prohibited items guide before setting-out for the stadium
DRINK IN MODERATION
• Everyone wants to be able to relax and enjoy the game and a matchday beer or two is a big part of the matchday routine for many supporters. However, don’t drink so much that you make the game unforgettable for all the wrong reasons…
SAVE THIS GUIDE!
• Alternatively, why not bookmark this guide on your smartphone browser, so that you can access it whenever you need to on matchday?