The Warriors headed along the M9 to Bonnyrigg to lake on lease leaders Bonnyrigg Rose in a top of the table clash. 

Nicky Jamieson returned to the starting 11 following his one match suspension. Kinlay Bilham picked up a knock midweek and he could only make the bench. This allowed Edin Lynch to retain his place, albeit in the left back position. Euan O’Reilly also came back into the starting lineup with Matty Yates dropping to the bench. 

The game took some time to get going as both teams tried to figure the other out. The first proper piece of action came in the 14th minute when The Rose claimed the first cover of the afternoon following a deflection by Buchanan. Darren Jamieson came off his line though to claim the ball well in a crowded area. 

It was the 21st minute before the first shot on goal. As the ball dropped on the edge of the box, The Rose managed a snapshot at goal which stung DJ’s gloves, but the keeper was able to hold at the second attempt. The next chance also fell to the home side with Zander Murray taking. shot from range, but this one was far more comfortable for DJ in the visiting goal. 

The Warriors starting piling on their own pressure from the half hour mark. A few mistakes in the home defence allowed Matty Aitken to get a shot away which was blocked by the home defence. 

The visitors had one last chance before half time to go in one up. The ball dropped to Mikey Anderson on the edge of the box and his shot was expertly saved by Paddy Martin to keep the game level at half time. 

Into the second half and the game continued to be played mostly in the air with no team properly taking control. 

53 minutes gone and The Warriors were forced into their first change of the match. Ross Taylor was using his lightning pace to run through on goal and when he collided with the home defence, he went down in a lot of pain. Ross was straight off the pitch and off to ER with Matty Yates coming on to replace the youngster. 

And it was Yates who had the next shot on goal, but his volley from the edge of the area landed wide of Martin’s post. 

Into the 65th minute and The Warriors claimed their first corner of the match. Adam Brown went over to the right hand side to deliver an in-swinging corner and there was Edin Lynch to drill a bullet header past Martin giving the keeper no chance. Powerful header for the left back who claims his second of the season. 

The Warriors enjoyed a dominant spell though never really tested the home keeper. 

Into injury time and the home side were claiming for a penalty with Nicky Jamieson fouling. Bonnyrigg were furious not be given a penalty however, the footage shows the foul was outside the box and the correct decision was given. The resultant free kick was deflected off the wall and was well held by Jamieson who was on course to have his 6th clean sheet in seven games. 

That was the final piece of action and The Warriors claimed a very hard fought win with another clean sheet in the bag. 

The win moves The Warriors to the top of the table and welcome 10th placed Clyde to Ochilview next week. 

Starting XI | D Jamieson, Meechan. N Jamieson, Lynch, Buchanan, Taylor, Brown, Wedderburn, Anderson, O’Reilly, Aitken

Subs | Lyle, Kirkpatrick [O’Reilly 77], Berry [Brown 86], Yates [Taylor 54, Bilham

Man of the Match | Nicky Jamieson

Attendance | 786

Post match reaction: Gary Naysmith

Post match reaction: Nicky Jamieson

Match Highlights

Match Gallery