Stenhousemuir continued their unbeaten league streak by stretching it to 7 games. They came back twice to secure a home game victory against The Spartans.

The game started with a great chance for the warriors as the floated cross from the wing was met by the head of Matthew Aitken, unfortunately his header was placed just past the post or it could’ve been a tremendous start.

The First of many yellow cards came just 5 minutes in when Euan O’Reilly’s rash challenge had him gifted a yellow card from Calum Scotts pocket.

The first 15 were quiet for both teams as neither team could seem to keep their foot a the ball, making for some end to end football without any final third class. However, the first goal came just 2 minutes after this slow start from The Spartans number 26, Rhys Armstrong footed in a great cross that was met by Bradley Whyte who had a simple tap in at the back post after great wing play.

The Warriors then had a chance of their own when Adam Brown had a strike at goal from roughly 25 yards which he seen fly just over the bar.

After the first 30 minuted although The Spartans had the lead, Stenhousemuir had the better chances and just edged it as the better side.

Half time came and The Spartans had the advantage, they also kept most of the ball in this quiet first half with the warriors attempting more shots at goal.

In the 55th minute, The Spartans got a counter attack going and after a few well placed passes, Sammy Russell found himself through on goal. His effort was destined for the bottom corner but a great save from Darren Jamison kept The Warriors in the game.

Stenhousemuir’s first goal came in the 59th minute after a save from Jacques Heraghty found Matthew Aitken who tapped the ball in for the first of his two goals. Despite this, less than 60 seconds later The Spartans were in the lead again with an easy tap in for Blair Henderson putting a pause on The Norway stands celebrations. However, the fans could sing once again as a minute later a stramash in the box led to a penalty for The Warriors. Matthew Aitken stood up and sent the goalkeeper flying as he rifled it into the middle of the goal.

The first subs Stenhousemuir were then made in the 67th minute which seen Ross Taylor come on for Adam Brown and Ross Meehan come on for Edin Lynch.

8 minutes later The Warriors took the lead as Nicky Jamieson. Bunted the ball home, lifting the spirits of the fans, as yet another win was staring them in their faces.

After a brilliant comeback The Warriors walk away with 3 points that they can be proud of. A team effort brought the players together, climbing them up the league table.


Stenhousemuir | D Jamieson, Lynch [Meechan 69′], Buchanan, N Jamieson, Bilham, Wedderburn, Brown [Taylor 69′], Anderson, Yates [Ferrie 85′ | Berry 90+2′], O’Reilly [Sweenie-Rowe 85′]

Substitutes not used | Lyle, McKay

Goals | Aitken [61, 64′ pen], N Jamieson [77′]

Assists | Yates [61′], Anderson [77′]

Bookings | Lynch, N Jamieson, O’Reilly, Aitken


The Spartans |  Heraghty, Tapping, Sonkur, Waugh, Newman, Dishington, Armstrong [Brown 79′ | Morrison 90′], Criagen, Russell, Whyte [Mwangi 88′], Henderson

Substitutes not used | Carswell, Watson, Jones, Denholm, Brown, Watson

Goals | Whyte [16′], Henderson [62′]

Assists | Armstrong [16′], Whyte [62′]

Bookings: Craigen


Match report by Callum Hart