The Warriors lined up with Peter Urminsky makings debut, Callum Yeats making his second debut and Robert Thomson making his long awaited return from injury.

Despite missing the game through illness, Stephen Swift reverted to a back 4, consisting of Yeats, Crighton, Tapping and Corbett. Wedderburn, Miller and Anderson made up a midfield three with Euan O’Reilly playing just behind Tam Orr and Robert Thomson.

The weather may have caused havoc across Scotland, but there was never any danger of the game being in doubt despite some strong winds. Both teams started trying to keep the ball on deck, Elgin with the wind behind them in the first half.

GOAL! It was the perfect start for The Warriors as Tam Orr scored his 12th goal of season inside just 4 minutes. Robert Thomson gave the perfect flick on and Tam Orr was through between two defenders and slipped it past the on rushing keeper. STENOUSEMUIR 1-0 ELGIN CITY [4 minutes].

GOAL! Stenhousemuir doubled their lead in 13 minutes. Mikey Anderson showed good strength to travel forward. His lay off to Tam Orr was perfect and the striker made no mistake, firing into the far corner for his second. STENHOUSEMUIR 2-0 ELGIN CITY [13 minutes].

Elgin City had their first shot in target in the 19th minute, Peter Urminsky held it easily. Warriors quickly broke forward with Euan O’Reilly, but his shot was tame and wet well wide.

Stenhousemuir were looking comfortable across the park with Nat and Mikey Miller running the midfield and the back four looking very confident.

The Warriors were growing in confidence as the match progressed. Mikey Anderson and Euan O’Reilly showing some good skill with Thomo and Tam Orr holding the ball up well.

Robert Thomson had his first shot of the match in 26th minute with a speculative bicycle kick attempt.

SUB: Elgin City were soon after forced into their first change of the match with Euan Spark hobbling off injured, being replaced by Josh Peters. [31 minutes]

Stenhousemuir were battling away and nearly had another good chance with Thomo trying to play in Mikey Miller, but his pass had too much o it and rolled through to the keeper.

Tam Orr was next to have a shot in attempt to claim a first half hatrick. A driven run forward by Corbett found Tam Orr and his cut inside was wildly over.

GOAL: A neat through ball by Omar was played through to Kane Hester and the on-form striker netted neatly passed Urminksy to bring Elgin right back into the game. STENHOUSEMUIR 2-1 ELGIN CITY [37 minutes]

Elgin almost equalised shortly after, but a smart save by Urminsky at the near post keep The Warriors ahead.

The goal definitely has given Elgin a boost and The Warriors need to get this game back under control.

The Warriors did push forward before the end of the half. Tam Orr setting up Robert Thomson with his shot going over the bar.


Neither side made any half time changes and the half started with some pressure from Elgin with The Warriors happy to gift possession across the Elgin defence.

The first proper chance of the half fell to the home side. A deep cross by Mikey Anderson was heading on goal by Thomo but the big striker’s header was held by McHale in the Elgin goals.

Stenhousemuir held possession and played some nice passes and it was Mikey Anderson the next to have a go. His 25 yard shot was saved rather awkwardly by McHale.

The Warriors continued the pressure and a deep free kick was cleared only to Mikey Miller. His drive from the edge of the box was well saved by McHale, forcing a home corner.

Events were few and far between in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. Tam Orr did have a half-hearted penalty appeal, but as he clutched the ball on the ground, the ref blew in favour of the away team.

SUBSTITUTION: Robert Thomon’s afternoon was over and it was good to get over 60 minutes form the big striker. He was replaced by Daz Christie. [64 minutes]

BOOKING: Shortly after, Euan O’Reilly was bursting through but was cynically fouled by , resulting in the Elgin defender being. the first into the referees notebook

Stenhousemuir had a stronger penalty claim mon 65 minutes with O’Reilly being tackled in the box. The tackle was deemed to be fair resulting in only a corner, which was too deep to cause problems.

Straight up the other end and new boy Callum Yeats produced a perfect challenge inside the box, resulting in a corner for the away side.

SUBSTITUTION:  Elgin made their second change of the match as El-Zubaidi was replaced by Hanratty.

Warriors almost made it 3 seconds later. A Daz Christie cross was met by Tam Orr. It looked like a hatrick was on the cards if not for a world class save by McHale.

RED CARD: The resultant corner came in and Jordan Tapping appeared t have his arm around Omar’s neck as they tussled in the box. The near side assistant called the referee over, resulting in a straight red card for the defender. [71 minutes]

SUBSTITUTION: Omar’s tussle with Tapping was the last action for him as he was replaced by McHardy [74 minutes]

PENALTY: Some amazing footwork by Mikey Miller saw him fouled inside the box, penalty to The Warriors with Tam Orr looking for that hatrick… [80 minutes]

MISSED: The keeper guessed right and saved the penalty and Tam Orr’s follow up. Nat Wedderburn then fired his shot wide.

SUBSTITUTION: Tam’s penalty miss was the last action his game and he’s replaced by Ross Forbes who takes up a lone striker position [82 minutes]

The Warriors managed to weather the storm and avoid another last minute equaliser.