Stenhousemuir Football Club
(Part-time permanent contract)
Salary- In line with national minimum wage
Hours- 16 hours per week. Flexible working pattern with regular weekend work (Stenhousemuir FC home games)
Stenhousemuir Football Club is inviting applications for the position of Groundsperson.
The purpose of the role is to manage and implement a maintenance programme for the Ochilview Park facility including main pitch, 5 a-side pitches, main stand/terracing and the surrounding grounds. This will include a weekly programme of pitch maintenance as directed by the pitch manufacturers and a general maintenance plan for all areas within the facility.
The Club is looking for an individual with experience of working within a maintenance role and with a skill set that enables them to carry out general repairs and maintenance jobs within the facility. Someone with experience of working as a Handyman, Caretaker or Janitor would be ideally suited to the role.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Club’s Chief Executive.
If you are interested in the position, please read over the person specification and apply as detailed below before the closing date.
Closing date for Applications is 5pm Friday 28th May
Interviews will take place at Ochilview Park
CVs should be sent to Jamie.Swinney@stenhousemuirfc.com
|Number of colleagues in this role:||1|
|Responsible to:||Chief Executive|
To be leaders in our community and inspire our fans by being a successful football club that provides opportunities for everyone to participate in sport, achieve their full potential and be positive active citizens.
Responsibility for all maintenance at the football club including the main pitch, stand, grounds and all equipment and machinery.
Stenhousemuir Football Club was formed in 1884 and has been a part of the local community for over 130 years.
In more recent times the club changed its legal status to a Community Interest Company (CiC). Thought to be the first professional football club in the UK to do so, this change ensured that the club would be protected from private ownership and remain fully committed to the local community.
The club has one of the largest community programmes of any club in Scotland, with around 2,000 people from the local community taking part in football and fitness sessions each week, over 10,000 people involved annually and approximately 250,000 visitors to Ochilview Park each year.
The Club was recognised as a Community Anchor Organisation by the Scottish Government in June 2020 as a result of its response to COVID. The club’s new charity will prioritise the health and well-being of people in the community whilst providing support to vulnerable groups and using the power of sport to engage and bring people together.
Stenhousemuir FC is looking to continue to grow as a club, maintain and foster new links with local community and business, with Ochilview seen as a positive welcoming community hub and a club that serves and inspires the local community.
To ensure the facility, the grounds and all equipment and machinery are maintained to the highest possible standard allowing the football club to function as required.
Main responsibilities 6 max
Astroturf maintenance (25%)
- Implement a comprehensive maintenance programme for the main 11 a-side pitch
- Implement a maintenance programme for the 2 6 a-side pitches
- Ensure the pitch passes the annual FIFA pitch inspection through proper care and following manufacturers guidelines
- When required prepare the pitch for the colder weather by distributing salt
- When required clear the pitch of frost/light coverings of snow
- Responsibility for lining the pitch to meet match official requirements
Grounds maintenance and landscaping. (25%)
- Ensure all grounds within the facility are regularly maintained to the highest standards
- Ensure the facility meets all health and safety requirements for public use
- Keep paths, roads and walkways safe and clear of obstruction
- Implement a schedule for tidying/cleaning all areas of the grounds
- Undertake all necessary repairs on the grounds and facility including the changing pavilion
- Carry out all required landscaping tasks to ensure the facility is tidy
- To maintain all toilets facilities, public and staff
Machinery and equipment (20%)
- Maintain all Stenhousemuir FC machinery and equipment
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the goals, nets and corner flags
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the tractor, pitch machinery, paint liner and all other maintenance equipment
Fixtures and fitting. (20%)
- Responsibility for the maintenance and reporting of faults of all electrical equipment
- Maintain and replace all lighting and carry our emergency lighting testing monthly
- All general repairs within the main stand and throughout the facility
- Put up, replace and take down all advertising boards
- Repair and replacement of stand seating and other fittings within the stand
Other tasks. (10%)
- Weekly cash and carry
- Ensure all bins are emptied and waste disposed of
- Any other tasks as required by the CEO
The Competent Person
|Skilled trade preferable such as a joiner, plumber, electrician however not essential|
|Experiences||Experience of working within a similar type of maintenance role
Experience of maintaining a pitch for professional sport
|Skills||Manages time effectively
Skilled handyman capable of carrying out a variety of manual jobs
|Behaviours||Builds rapport easily
Self-motivated and uses initiative
Equally productive in a team
Shows “can do” attitude
Focuses on quality and maintains high standards
|Working environment||The role requires you to flex your working week to ensure the facility meets the requirements of the first team and public users
As a small team, we expect everyone to “muck in” when required.
Interested parties should email their CV and contact details to Jamie.Swinney@stenhousemuirfc.com