Match Report


Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir at Forthbank, Stirling on 03.03.20

SPFL Ladbrokes League Two             Att 457

Stirling Albion 0 Stenhousemuir 0

Stirling Albion – Hogarth, McGeachie, Creaney, Nicoll [b88], McLean, McGregor, Wilson, Hughes [b73], Mackin, Bikey and Willis [Jardine 79]. Subs – Stott, Wright, Thomson, Docherty, Heaver and Peters


Stenhousemuir – Smith, Tiffoney, Wilson, Armstrong, A.Munro , Hopkirk, McLaughlin, Moore, Blair [McBrearty 83], McGuigan [Biabi 71]  and Spence.  Subs not used – Burns, Terry, Massouaghou, McIlduff and Watters 


Referee – Stewart Luke                     Assistants – David McGeachie and Ryan Kennedy


The Warriors made three changes to the side that had lost to Cove Rangers on the Saturday prior to this game. Gary Harkins was suspended after his dismissal from the dugout against the league leaders whilst Botti Biabi and Sean Burns dropped to the bench.


Stirling have been on impressive form on their travels but have not transferred that to games at Forthbank as they can’t play the same way of sitting back and hitting on the counter-attack. Stirling’s ground has been prone to flooding in recent times and it was a relief to get the game played after an earlier postponement and thus avoid any further disruption.


Stenhousemuir started the game with promise and they could and probably have taken the lead in the opening exchanges when a David Hopkirk effort was saved by Nicky Hogarth and Greig Spence blasted the rebound over the bar.


Stirling survived that scare and gradually came into the game with Dylan Bikey being a threat for much of the game. He created Stirling’s first real chance in the 10th minute when he slid the ball to Ronan Hughes but Graeme Smith managed to make himself big and save with his feet. Smith was later to make a one handed stop to deny David Wilson. He was beaten though just after the half hour when Bikey stripped Andy Munro for pace but his subsequent shot hit the post and the danger dissipated.


Stirling continued in the second period to cause problems and Hughes found Dylan Mackin with a cross just after the restart but the big striker headed wide of the target. Bob Wilson thwarted Bikey in 66 minutes when he blocked a Bikey shot.


With twenty minutes to go a Ryan Blair strike rasped just over the bar and this seemed to be a catalyst for the Warriors who began to get more and more of the ball as the game began to be played more in the Stirling end of the park.


Hogarth who had seemed nervous in the opening exchanges appeared to grow in confidence as time went on and with five minutes left he made a superb one handed save to keep a Wilson header out from a Scott McLaughlin cross.


By this time the home side were packing their defence and trying to hit on the counter attack but Stenhousemuir almost made the breakthrough when David Hopkirk shot from close range but Hogarth was to save with his feet though after a Callum Moore cross had picked the attacker out.


In the end though despite their efforts Stenhousemuir couldn’t get the all important goal and thus this match ended in a rare 0-0 draw. In fact Stenhousemuir’s last 0-0 draw was in April 2018 against Berwick Rangers a total of 89 competitive games between both teams drawing a blank.


Warriors TV


Date Time League Season Full Time
March 3, 2020 7:45 pm SPFL William Hill League 2 2019/20 90'


Forthbank Stadium
Forthside Way, Stirling FK7, UK


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome
Stirling Albion000Draw

Stirling Albion


Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Past Meetings