Match Report


Cowdenbeath v Stenhousemuir at Central Park, Cowdenbeath on 21.12.19

SPFL Ladbrokes League Two                         Att 312

Cowdenbeath 3[Herd 6, Swann 33, Allan 82] Stenhousemuir 1 [McBride 17]


Cowdenbeath – Morrison [t], Mullen, Hamilton, Todd, Barr, Miller [b85], Smith, Herd [Thomas 78], Allan [b81][Sneddon 90], Taylor [Valentine 89] and Swann. Subs not used – Pyper, Whyte, Pollock and Glass


Stenhousemuir – Terry [Marley 51], O’Neil [Anderson 61], Marsh, Armstrong [b85], McLaughlin, Tiffoney, Dykes, Blair [b84], McBride [b65], McGuigan and Cook. Subs not used – Watters, Potter, Scullion and Aloulou[t].


Referee – Steven Reid           Assistants – Andy Milne and Willie Ferguson.


Although this game was in the run up to Christmas there wasn’t much festive cheer for the Warriors fans as they saw the team lose this game by a two goal margin.


Both teams were missing several players from their normal starting elevens but the visitors were the more viabily affected by the situation. P.J.Morrison returned to Cowdenbeath for the second period this season whilst Daniel Terry was making his Stenhousemuir debut as Graeme Smith was unavailable due to work commitments.


Stenhousemuir were also missing David Hopkirk and Andy Munro through suspension whilst Botti Biabi joined those missing through injury or illness. Cowdenbeath started the game best taking the lead in the 6th minute of the game when Mikey Herd scored from close range after David Marsh had been outjumped by Craig Barr at a corner kick. Stenhousemuir had the first of several penalty claims turned down a couple of minutes later when Mark McGuigan appeared to have been pulled back. The visitors had another scare when Kyle Miller struck the woodwork in a hectic opening to the game.


It was still a surprise though when Stenhousemuir equalised in the 16th minute when Connor McBride won the ball and ran forward before slotting the ball home. Morrison was called into action to save from McGuigan and Jonathan Tiffoney before the home side took the lead once again. It was probably inevitable that after the transfer shenanigans during the Summer that Harvey Swann did the damage pouncing on a weak clearance by Dylan Dykes to hit a shot across goal and into the net,


Just after the restart Terry limped off with a hamstring tweak to be replaced by Kyle Marley who was also making his league debut. Stenhousemuir made more chances as they tried to get back into the game but Morrison wasn’t troubled too much.


Cowdenbeath had the chance to finish the game off when Jordan Allan found himself with only the keeper to beat but Marley did well to save with his feet. Allan though was to get on the score-sheet a minute later though when he stooped low to head home,


In the last few minutes the game boiled over and although no one was sent off at the time David Marsh was subsequently suspended for two matches at a disciplinary meeting for an alleged stamp which wasn’t contested.

Warriors TV


Date Time League Season Full Time
December 21, 2019 3:00 pm SPFL William Hill League 2 2019/20 90'


Central Park
55 Chapel St, Cowdenbeath KY4 9JL, UK





Yellow Cards
Red Cards