Stenhousemuir have to settle for a point at Station Park as they draw with Forfar 1-1. A first half James Berry goal was cancelled out late on by an Adam Hutchinson equaliser. 

Stenhousemuir went into the match hoping to build on their 0-0 draw against The Spartans at Ochilview last weekend. Gary Naysmith named an unchanged side from that game.

The opening stages were fairly even with neither side able to threaten the goalkeepers

Stenhousemuir had the first big opportunity in the match and opened the scoring from it in the 24th minute. It was excellent work from O’Reilly to get the cross into Matty Yates. He glanced a header to the back post and Berry was there to tap it home much to the delight of the Ochilview faithful.

The Warriors had the next big chance just three minutes later. O’Reilly skipped by two of the defenders and teed up Meechan for the cross. His cross reached Jamieson at the back post but McCallum was there to collect.

Stenhousemuir then had another chance in the 34th minute. It was great play between Meechan and O’Reilly. The former teed up the latter whose shot was blocked. It fell to Wedderburn on the edge of the box, but he fired a volley over

The first chance in the second half came in the 66th minute. It was positive work from Kinlay down the wing, he set up Matty Yates, but his effort was straight at McCallum.

Stenhousemuir went close again two minutes later. This time it was a poor clearance that fell directly at Matty Aitken. He however shot wide.

The Warriors started to dominate possession and create a few more chances. There was some great work from Wedderburn down the wing, his cross was cleared to the edge. Yates was there on the half volley but couldn’t quite get the right connection.

Forfar equalised in the 85th minute. Inglis played a free kick into the box and Hutchinson was on hand to put the ball into the back of the net with the home sides first shot on target in the match.

Both sides pushed late on to try and find a winner however neither side were able to do so, and it ended all square in a match that really failed to get going.

Stenhousemuir now look forward to next week where they are back at Ochilview where they take on Peterhead in the league.