Stephen Swift named an unchanged starting 11 from the team that defeated Forfar just 3 days ago.

Euan O’Reilly starts on the bench following a light injury that he picked up in training on Thursday.

The game started quiet and Stenhousemuir had their first chance with a 3rd minute corner. A deep cross was met towards the back of the box by Mikey Miller, but his header was easily held by Schwake in the home goal. The Warriors regained possession and picked up a free kick on the right of the pitch. Another Ross Forbes cross was met by Robert Thomson this time with his header drifting just wide.

Edinburgh City started to come into the game with Innes Murray taking on a shot from the edge of the box but Peter Urminsky held with no problem.

Thomo almost opened the scoring a few moments later. Some quick feet on the edge of the box saw his opportunity open up, but his shot just went wide.

Warriors found themselves in some trouble in the 12th minute as some neat work by Edinburg found them having a clean shot inside the box. Luckily, the ball going well high and wide.

Edinburgh had another chance a shortly after when a deep free kick was met with a strong header on the edge of the box, just sealing the bar.

Edinburgh kept pushing forward and got another shot on target on 21 minutes. Again, Peter Urminsky saved and held the ball.

Stenhousemuir are trying to breach the Edinburgh back line, but they hold a strong line and Tam Orr has been caught offside a few times. Mikey Anderson did manage to get the perfect through ball to Tam, who timed his run perfectly, and his shot was well saved by Schwake for another Warriors corner, which came to nothing.

Edinburgh picked up their first corner of the match in 32 minutes with Nat clearing the first for a quick second.  Big Peter safely plucked the in swinger out of the sky.

SUBISTITUTION: Edinburgh were forced into the first change of the game as Jardine hobbled off and was replaced by Berry.

Edinburgh had the best chance of the half so far. Shanley was bearing down on Urminksy, but the big keeper stood tall and made a great save.

GOAL: Edinburgh made their pressure count with a drive from Jack Brydon ending up in the top corner. EDINBURGH 1-0 STENHOUSEMUIR [39 minutes]

Robert Thomson almost drew the sides level just 2 minutes later has he acrobatically met a Nicky Jamieson knock down, with the ball going wide. And Ross Forbes was next up to try his luck. The ball landing to his wrong foot though and his shot ended up high and wide.

GOAL: Some great work on the right as Forbes laid the ball ff to Corbett, his cross was met perfectly by Tam Orr who netted the clubs 50th goal of the season! EDINBURGH 1-1 STENHOUSEMUIR [45 minutes]


Stenhousemuir started the second half sharper, with Nicky Jamieson and Ross Forbes both having chances in the first few minutes.

Edinburgh had a good chance to take the lead following some slack play in the Stenhousemuir midfield. Sean Crighton’s diving block diverted the ball for a corner which was finally dealt with.

Stenhousemuir had their first corner of the 2nd half after another driving run by Corbett. Forbes’ corner was spilled by Schwake but Nicky couldn’t get the ball back into the box.

The away side had another good chance almost seconds later as Tam Orr played in Ross Forbes, the midfielder was slightly off balance and could get a shot away. He did manage to chip the ball back into the box, but was missed by everyone.

SUBSTITUTION: Edinburgh make their second change with Shanley being replaced by See. [62 minutes]

The home side had another good chance but again, the Warriors keeper plucked the ball out of the sky as it was headed for the back of the net.

Tam had another solid chance as he bore down on the Edinburgh defence. He cut inside and hit a driven shot across the goal which the keeper managed to save and there was nobody at the back post to tap it in.

Adam Corbett was next up to have a chance but has he was gearing up for his shot, he must have remembered he wasn’t playing Forfar and his tame effort was easily held by Schwake.

SUBSTITUTION: Edinburgh make a change with Stirling going off for Brian. The Warriors made a treble change with Forbes, Anderson and Thomo all going off with Euan O’Reilly, Adam Brown and Daz Christie all coming on as Swifty switches to a 4-2-3-1 formation as the away side push on for a winner. [73 minutes]

BOOKING: Nicky became the first payer in the book after a cynical trip to break up a Edinburgh attack. [78 minutes]

Edinburgh had a glorious chance to take the lead on 82 minutes minutes. The shot was weak though and easy for Peter.

Stenhousemuir pushed everything forward in the last 5 minutes trying to find that winner, but it wasn’t to be and The Warriors leave the capital with a point.


The Warriors were looking to make it 4 undefeated as they welcomed Forfar to Ochilview for the 2nd time this season.

This fixture has been favourable to Stenhousemuir this season with a draw and a victory against today’s visitors, including a first half Boxing Day demolition which saw braces for both Ross Forbes and Adam Corbett as 4 first half goals helped secure the 3 points.

Euan O’Reilly picked up a training injury and missed out. Ross Forbes came in to replace the former Airdrie man. Mikey Anderson was moved to the tip of the midfield diamond with Forbes taking up the right position.

It took just 6 minutes for The Warriors to have their first goalmouth action. A long throw by Mikey Anderson was met near the front post by Sean Crighton. His shot was on target, but was held by Sanderson.

It was the visitors that picked up the first corner of the afternoon. The in swinger was met by Crighton with the Forfar attack failing to capitalise. This lead to a breakaway with Tam Orr laying off to Robert Thomson just inside the home half his run and lay off back to Tam was almost identical to their link up play last week which earned a goal. This time though, as Tam was through on goal he seemed to be cleaned out by the keeper. The referee was right on the spot though and was not interested, though Tam didn’t seem to appeal for a penalty.

Forfar eventually had their first, and only, shot on target on the 20 minute mark. Some fine work on the wing by Stef McCluskey saw him pick up a decent shooting position on the corner of the box. His low drive was met by Peter Urminsky as the ball went out for a corner, which came to nothing.

GOAL: It was just 5 minutes later that The Warriors took the lead from their own corner. Ross Forbes floated the ball in and an attempted clearance landed right at Robert Thomson at the back post and the big striker made no mistake in tapping the ball home for his first goal since his return from injury. STENHOUSEMUIR 1-0 FORFAR [Robert Thomson, 26 minutes]

The Warriors had a chance to double their lead just 6 minutes later. A short header back was met by Tam Orr. His lob over the keeper was just wide and couldn’t get the follow up on target. Big chance, but the score remains 1-0.

Forfar’s chances were few and far between, though they did come close inside 38 minutes with Slater shooting just over the bar from the edge of the box. And indeed, that was the last real chance for either team in the first half.


The second half almost started in disaster for The Warriors. A wild back pass from Ross Forbes was never going to reach Peter Urminsky, though luckily the ball just swerved away from the Forfar attack, and no real damage was done.

GOAL: Although it was Forfar that came out the traps a bit sharper in the second half, it was the home side that quickly doubled their advantage. a Callum Yates clearance was met inside his own half by Thomo. His driving run ended with a layoff to Tam Orr who then spotted Adam Corbett dashing up the pitch. The inch perfect pass was met first time by the big defender and he made no mistake in guiding it passed Sanderson and into the back of the net. You’d have to say that the keeper should’ve been saving that, but its’s Adam’s third of the season, all three coming against Forfar! STENHOUSEMUIR 2-0 FORFAR [Adam Corbett, 51 minutes]

That pretty much killed off the game and Forfar struggled to break down the home defence. Nicky Jamieson continued to be a man mountain at the centre of defence and Forfar had no solution for the big man.

Tam Orr did have a chance for his first of the game as he got on the end of an excellent pass by Mikey Miller. The on-form striker won’t want to watch that one back though.

Throughout the match, the midfield quartet of Miller, Forbes, Wedderburn and Anderson have been immense and Forfar have struggled to deal with them. Mikey Anderson has really come into his own during this fine run and seemed to naturally slot into the tip of the midfield diamond.

The one negative for the home side was watching big Nat Wedderburn hobble off, but not before he managed to twist and turn and leave 2 Forfar players watching in awe as the big man ran passed them as if they weren’t even there!



The Warriors are back on the road this weekend as the make the short trip north to Forthbank.

Stenhousemuir will be looking to put some pressure on 4th place Edinburgh City with a victory against Stirling Albion.

Keep an eye on our match preview tomorrow morning for match stats and squad news.

The Ladies Team hosted Airdrie on Sunday. Despite going 2-0 down, the Warriors fought well to go in at half time 2-2.

Airdrie had looked to have secured the win but for a last minute penalty securing a draw in a 3-3 draw.

The Ladies now look forward to the short trip down the road to The Falkirk Stadium to play Falkirk.

Tam Orr scored on Wednesday to give him his 16th of the season and also was the Warriors 50th goal of the season. Check out the stats behind the half century of goals


Fifa and Uefa have acted in unison to suspend Russian teams from international football competition on Monday as global sport closed the door on Russia following the invasion of Ukraine.

The most powerful bodies in football joined the International Olympic Committee in acting after days of growing protest. The suspension means Russia will not be able to face Poland in a World Cup play-off semi-final next month, while its women’s team will also be barred from this summer’s European Championship in England and its remaining club side in European competition, Spartak Moscow, will no longer compete in the Europa League.

In a joint statement the two organisations said: “Fifa and Uefa have today decided together that all Russian teams, whether national representative teams or club teams, shall be suspended from participation in both Fifa and Uefa competitions until further notice.

“These decisions were adopted today by the Bureau of the Fifa Council and the Executive Committee of Uefa, respectively the highest decision-making bodies of both institutions on such urgent matters. Football is fully united here and in full solidarity with all the people affected in Ukraine. Both Presidents hope that the situation in Ukraine will improve significantly and rapidly so that football can again be a vector for unity and peace amongst people.”