Academy Head of Goalkeeping- Part-time position, 12 Hours per week
The Forth Valley Football Academy (FVFA) has an exciting coaching role available for the 2017-18 season and is inviting applications from ambitious, enthusiastic and committed individuals who share a passion for developing elite youth goalkeepers.
The FVFA encompasses a partnership between three professional clubs- Falkirk FC, Stenhousemuir FC and East Stirlingshire FC, the Scottish FA and Stirling University. The academy aims to provide talented young players with an elite level education and development programme which will allow them to reach their full potential in the game. Academy squads aged Under 11 to Under 17 train 3-4 evenings per week and play matches within the Club Academy Scotland Elite games programme.
Role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Academy Director the Academy Head of Goalkeeping (HoG) will be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of the Goalkeeping Curriculum for all Academy age goalkeepers.
Key Relationships- Work closely with other Heads of Department including Head of Children’s Academy, Head of Intermediate Academy, Head of Senior Academy, Head of Sports Science and Medicine, Head of Recruitment, Head Coaches.
Specific responsibilities will include;
· Design, plan and implement a comprehensive coaching curriculum appropriate to the age and stage of development from Children’s to Intermediate to Senior
· Delivery of 3 to 4 goalkeeping specific evening training sessions per week
· Oversee, support and mentor Assistant Goalkeeping Coaches within the Academy including the delivery of CPD in-services to goalkeeping and squad coaches
· Create individual development plans for each Academy goalkeeper
· Oversee and support the development of goalkeepers within the pre-academy programme in advance of their potential progression into the Academy
· Oversee and support the recruitment of goalkeepers across all Academy age groups
· Lead on all reporting, monitoring and assessment of Academy goalkeepers
· Lead on all communication and internal meetings relating to Academy goalkeepers
Working hours- 10-12 hours per week
The core working hours are 3-4 evening training sessions per week, attendance at home games on Sunday mornings/early afternoon for performance assessment, weekly planning and administration and regular internal staff meetings.
Part-time salary dependant on availability, experience and qualifications
Goalkeeping Basic Licence- Level 3
Experience of working with elite youth goalkeepers
Experience of managing a programme and staff
Ability to work evenings and weekends
Competent with IT including word, excel, emails
UEFA Goalkeeping A Licence- Level 4
Experience of managing an Elite Academy Goalkeeping programme
Coaching qualifications within the children, youth or adult pathway
Experience of delivery of match analysis
To apply for any of the position please notify the academy of your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and what you could bring to the position. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced PVG Disclosure check to ensure suitability for the role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th September.
For more information please contact the academy on 01786 449194 or 07814 776191