The Board of Stenhousemuir FC would like to provide supporters with an update following the Supporters Meetings held in February.
The Directors of the Club would like to once again thank all supporters who attended the two meetings held in February. A number of ideas and suggestions were discussed at those meetings and it is the intention of the Club to take a number of these forward. Some of the early initiatives will include the following:-
- One of the most popular suggestions put forward was to revive the Family Day event along similar lines to the events held a few years ago. This was viewed as a great initiative that would involve the whole community of Stenhousemuir. We are delighted to announce that this initiative will be taken forward and there will be a Stenhousemuir FC Family Fun Day held in July of this year. Further details will be announced over the next few weeks. The event will be organised by the Club and supporters.
- The recent Quiz Night was a great success financially and socially, and it was suggested that there could be other fundraising and social events held throughout the calendar year. The Club is in the process of forming a small committe that will include the club and fans, in order to take this initiative forward.
- Some fans had suggested identifying a way for fans to contribute directly into the player budget. A number of ideas are being looked at in this regard, particularly fundraising events and initiatives where the profits can be ring-fenced to go directly into the player budget. This would mean the more support these events receive from the fans, the more money will be available in the budget to support and bolster the first-team playing squad.
- The lottery schemes that were operated by the Club have also now been reviewed. These have been simplified into a new single lottery draw called the Goldline Sports Foundation which will be a monthly draw for cash prizes. Further details can be found here .
- The Supporters Man of the Match. This new initiative has been under way for a number of weeks now and is proving to be a hit with supporters and players alike. Alan Lithgow, Greg Fleming, Ciaran Summers and Ross McMillan have all been recipients of the award so far and have enjoyed their welcome from fans in the Wee Bar.
- There will be further announcements over the coming weeks, and it is the Club's intention to hold a follow-up Supporters Meeting in April.
Finally, our Head Coach Brown Ferguson has praised the response from fans in relation to the reception that he and the team have received at recent games. It does give the players a real boost to see the Warriors fans getting behind them through these final few games of the season.
With just five games to go, we'd like to call on all fans to get along to the final fixtures and be in full voice behind the boys as they dig deep for a strong finish. It's all to play for, we've shown we can beat the best of them, and we need the whole Club on board for the final push.