After an 11am. pitch inspection this morning, Referee David Somers called off today’s game.  It was touch and go as to whether the game should go ahead as 90% of the pitch was playable, unfortunately the remaining 10% gave cause for concern for player safety.

The game will now now be rescheduled by the Scottish Football League for a date in the early part of 2011. 

The club has spent this week clearing the pitch of snow and making the spectator areas safe.

There has been more than a ton of salt spread on the pitch over the last 24 hours which was followed up by tining the pitch. Work was completed at 9pm last night and the same process was carried out again this morning prior to the pitch inspection.  

Club Director, Garry Russell and groundsman, Stuart (Oscar) have to be commended for there efforts over the week.